User Stories

This post is regarding one of the basic components of Agile Programming - "User Stories".

As I have mentioned in one of my earlier post, I believe the best way to work in Virtual teams is using Agile Project management principles. Agile principles concentrate on tasks than far fetched project ideas on a whole.

User stories are one of the primary development artifacts for Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) project teams.  A user story is a very high-level definition of a requirement, containing just enough information so that the developers can produce a reasonable estimate of the effort to implement it. 

I will cover this in detail in my subsequent posts but this is just an intro on how stories look like to get you started.

User stories are written by stake holders- the ones who run the project. User stories are simple enough that people can learn to write them in a few minutes, so it makes sense that the domain experts (the stakeholders) write them. Notice an example below.

"As a student I should be able purchase canteen lunch passes so that my lunch is reserved."
I will detail how, the above user story will flow through "Agile Life Cycle" in my forth coming blogs.

No comments: